Promise Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 92 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:48 pm
Latest topics
» Finding Enzo
The Distress Call EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm by Rion Diamond

» Face Claims
The Distress Call EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 pm by The Rolands

» Jail Break
The Distress Call EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm by The Rolands

» Race Dictionary Form
The Distress Call EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 pm by Elrich

» Breaking of a New Game
The Distress Call EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» The Distress Call
The Distress Call EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm by Rowan Sibyl Roi

» Sim 1: Golem
The Distress Call EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm by Aeparia

» A Shattered City with Hopeful Dreams
The Distress Call EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:26 am by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» LʲUSɪFƏR, The Fallen Archangel
The Distress Call EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 am by lʲusɪfər

The Distress Call

3 posters

Go down

The Distress Call Empty The Distress Call

Post by The Rolands Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 am

Ian was sent here to see what was happening, a signal had been sent saying that a teal haired man had attacked the hunters out and Ian had been sent with a team, his team, his siblings Nikol and Lip to see what was happening. The problem was that they were no longer a very good team. Nikol had a child now, her priorities were no longer with being a hunter. She wanted to raise her child to be loved, not neglected and forced to train. Lip was still 100% into doing whatever his family thought to be right. He wanted the approval of those around him and thats really all he cared about. Finally, Ian, he wanted to just be what he was, a Tracker. He wanted to help the hunters, but, he knew that the hunters were truly evil beings and because of that, he and his siblings took the distress call and redirected it to themselves so that the hunter base had never actually gotten the call.

Ian did some Tracking and saw that it wasn't just one monster lurking on this island again, in fact, it was many of them. He warned his siblings, and they had come to the island to seek shelter away from the life of a hunter. They wanted to change, to help these beings that were always thought to be monsters. The hunters killed their parents... and because of that, these siblings would make a new life...a ife of hopefully becoming Immortals.
The Rolands
The Rolands

Back to top Go down

The Distress Call Empty Re: The Distress Call

Post by Clarissa Meridian Earl Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:09 am

Claire had given Rowan a glare, muttering as she followed the other girl out of the arena, and to wherever their visitor was waiting. "Button pusher who can blow up the island.." She said under her breath, keeping her arms crosses as they emerged from the cave entrance. Clarissa lowered her arms as she finally set eyes on the intruders. Two males, and a female. This must be the hunters she'd signaled for Rion. What the hell was Claire supposed to say to them now? Hey, sorry, false alarm. It was just the Immortals taking their home back and killing everyone! I'm only alive `cause I'm also a supernatural. Bye now, have a nice day. Yeah, somehow she figured that wouldn't go over so well.

Clarissa finally stepped out, making herself fully visible to the three visitors. Finally speaking, she kept it vague and simple. Name and occupation. "Clarissa Earl. Hunter."
Clarissa Meridian Earl
Clarissa Meridian Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Glaring at Claire, Rowan was amazed by how ridiculous a single person could sound. Rowan figured Claire might as well skipped up to the strangers and gave them matching friendship necklaces. She knew the Hunter woman made it as vague as possible, but still Rowan didn't understand why they needed any information. Give them your name and you might as well have given them your date of birth, social security number, nationality... Smirking faintly, Rowan took a step toward and reached her hand in a overly dramatic fashion. "Rowan Sibyl Roi. Leach. Thief of abilities. Assasin of Hunters. How nice to meet you?" Rowan then dropped the act and looked back over at Claire, dropping the hand she once held out in the process.

Rowan couldn't seem to grasp how Claire was so nonchalant about other possible hunters being here. But then again, by the sounds of it, Claire hadn't seen much combat time either..which probably wouldn't be helpful in the current situation. Drawing her attention back to the three standing in front of them, Rowan tipped her head carefully. "How can we help you?"
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rolands Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Ian watched the two girls, confused, and surprised.  They seemed to be leary of each other.  He new of Clarissa, she was a hunter who wasn't really a hunter, he sensed it within her, she was an adapter.  He wasn't going to let on to allow her to know that he knew that though.  Ian was never good with words, Nikol typically was the leader and so, that was showing now when she stepped forward and eyed the two girls.  

"I'm Nikol.  Nikol Roland, these are my little brothers, Ian, the cute one, and Lip, the uh... jack ass of the family."
She smiled and put her hand out. "We got your distress signal.  The others never got it.  We know who the teal haired guy is, it's Rion.  We've been tracking him but we lost him for quite some time.  We took this call because..." and that is where Lip cut her off, he was all about the safety of his family, but he knew that by telling these girls everything, it may not go too well for them.  

Lip looked at Nikol and she nodded, knowing where he was going with this and then he spoke, "We're the Rolands, the hunters killed our parents because our parents refused to kill a group of people.  They were killed along with the group and the hunter leaders claimed that our parents were apart of the group.  Because of this, we refuse to come here to kill you.  We have come here to tell you that the hunters aren't your friends, but theyre not ours either.  We want to side with you in this war. "

Ian sighed and pushed his brother back and shook his head, "You never did know when to shut the hell up, did you? You just gave us up like we were nothing.  We should have played it off more if you wanted to protect us, Idiot..."  He moved through his siblings and pushed them back then turned his attention towards Clarissa and allowed his eyes to glaze over, "You're an adapter."  He then turned his attention towards the younger girl who said her name was Rowan, "And you, you are a leach, third generation of your family, you don't know your parents, or theyre dead.  It's hidden in your thoughts.  You push it to the back of your mind." He sighed and looked towards the ground again, "I'm not telling you all of this to act like i know you, I'm telling you this because I'm not just a human.  I'm a...monster like you.  I'm a Tracker."

The Distress Call Giphy
The Rolands
The Rolands

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarissa Meridian Earl Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Clarissa crossed her arms once again, her mouth dropping at Rowan's mockery of her own words. "You know they could have been looking to kill us, right? We had no idea whether they were hostile or not!"

The Distress Call Tumblr_inline_mm2vkoy3RH1qz4rgp

At this point, Claire's only desire was to hit her head on the wall of the cave until she went unconscious. At least her partner at the moment wasn't the only one prone to giving out too much information. She wasn't all too surprised that Ian, the 'cute one' as Nikol put it, could tell what they were. Claire had heard of his kind being Hunters, though she'd never met one. And it didn't look like this group was too fond of Hunters at all, based on the words of the 'family jack ass'. "That's right, I'm an adapter. And would everyone stop calling us monsters all the time? Supernatural is a much more ethic term, I think." She uncrossed her arms and addressed the group now, "Now. Why are you tracking Rion?"

Last edited by Clarissa Meridian Earl on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clarissa Meridian Earl
Clarissa Meridian Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:14 pm

And once again, Claire and Rowan were stuck in an awkward situation. The trios information in her hadn't even phased her. It was more like, tell me something that I don't already know. When the man started calling out where they were, Rowan smirked towards Claire. "You gave it all away with name." Rowan looked back to the trio once more, a small smile forming. "Human filing cabinets. With a mere name they can find all the information they need. Trackers were highly prized by the new days hunters but the tracker community was divided... Some refused to turn on their own kind, while others saw it as a way out of the gas chamber." Rowan looked carefully back to Claire on last time. "They're natural predators. It was a tracker that trained me."

"And I actually enjoy the term monster, kinda means we have no rules to follow" Rowan mused to herself. It humored Rowan how Claire was so secretive about herself. But of course, she lived in a hunting job for so long, all she probably knew was secretive. At this point, being a monster didn't bother her because that's all she ever knew. Even her race prior to this war was known as monsters to other beings of supernatural ability.

The two had a challenging road ahead of them, but they had to find a way to get along. A lot depended on it. Especially if these new folks were joining the party. "Well I guess we all need some drinks now..."
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rolands Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Lip sighed and watched the two girls, it was obvious that the blonde was not to sure of her self while the younger, brunette seemed to have herself figured out almost perfectly.  He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and started to smoke, "Ya know, I call you monsters because you are.  You're what the norms are afraid of, so, you're monsters.  You cause fear to run through them.  That's the only reason i could see for somebody to call ya monsters."

The Distress Call Tumblr_n30guuixV81twzovro1_500

Nikol smiled, happy that the younger girl seemed to want to help them, even if she wasn't a tracker, she knew...she hoped that they would allow them to help them win this war. They were hunters, and because of that, they knew how hunters worked.  Along with that, the Rolands were one of the Top 10 Hunter families before their parents were killed.  They just may have found their home, and because of this, Nikol smiled, "Lead the way, I can always go for a drink!"

The Distress Call Tumblr_n1byscxJsa1tsmptbo1_250

Ian nodded, "Human filing cabinet, yeah, sounds about right.  as for the drinks, i'm completely fine with that, dealing with these two leads to excessive drinking."  He smiled and followed suit after the others.  

The Distress Call Tumblr_n99xs4Apy21sfxm22o1_500

Last edited by The Rolands on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Rolands
The Rolands

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarissa Meridian Earl Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Clarissa turned on Lip then, jabbing a finger at his chest. "Well excuse you. I for one, have never killed anyone. Can you say the same for yourself? Because I don't think you can. Some of us may be monsters, but you are more of a monster than I may be." She eyed the pack of cigarettes he pulled out, narrowing her eyes as she turned away from him, heading back inside. She looked over her shoulder at him, giving a grin. "Glad you brought those. You know, I love to set things on fire."

The Distress Call Tumblr_muqq89FFIi1qfgg1ao1_250

She flipped her hair back over her shoulder, focusing now on finding the kitchen. Walking through underground water system, it was just off to the left, she remembered. Good thing too, since she needed a drink now as well. "Aha, here it is." She muttered. The kitchen, being one of the few things even the Hunters needed, was kept clean and well stocked. Or, as much as a bunch of Hunters would care to keep it when they got hungry. Clarissa pulled out several glasses, as well as several types of alcohol, selecting one of each for herself. She took a short drink, finally turning back to glare at the three other Hunters. "Now, why are you looking for Rion? I won't ask kindly again."

The Distress Call Claire-claire-holt-29016048-400-226
Clarissa Meridian Earl
Clarissa Meridian Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:18 pm

The vibes had been different from when he first met the trio. For once, Rowan actually felt comfortable around a group of people?Was this supposed to be something normal for her to feel? Then Claire had said it...something that made Rowan feel quiet...odd. Rowan had killed. She was a killer...wither she meant to with each kill or not... She was one of the monster Claire was speaking of.. This struck her as odd...it just proved what hunters were brain washed to believe...Her ind were monsters. Waiting, Rowan allowed the trio to enter after Claire and she followed after them. It was best to have both sides covered, after all, this wasn't the time to get too wreck-less. Skipping behind the group, Rowan paused fora moment as she heard a sound. Chevalier! She had nearly forgotten him outside, smiling softly she tapped her leg for him to follow. He took the form of a giant black bear, almost transparent in looks.

Walking into the kitchen, he laid by the door way while Rowan walked towards the counter. Leaning against it, she reached out her hand towards the candles, lighting each one without even touching it.
The Distress Call Tumblr_nwkzzpNyEr1ufbwb8o4_500
This was without even realizing what she had done, for it had become such seconds nature to manipulate her abilities and use them freely. She hadn't been scared to be herself, at least not since the mass genocide of the monsters had started. Leaning back against the counter, Rowan took a second before she hopped back to sit on the counter top. It seemed Claire just wasn't giving up, so Rowan was going to listen for now. See how her tactics worked out for her. It was actually interesting to watch a hunter...who had never hunted trying to bargain.
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rolands Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Nikol glared at Claire and now, she turned serious.  Her kindness had run out with this girl the second she threatened them, "First of all, I'll kick your ass the second you threaten me or my brothers again.  Oh, and trust me, I can.  I've faced monsters far stronger than the likes of you.  And just because we've killed, and you haven't doesn't make you...not a monster.  You sat back and watched people kill without trying to stop them! You're just as much a monster as all of us!  So like I said, don't you dare threaten my family or I promise I'll take your head."
The Distress Call Tumblr_inline_mzxyejHUP81r0awai

Lip walked in, cigarette hanging loosely from his mouth and he sighed as Nikol went on her rampage, "That's it, you pissed off Nikol, now you're going to have to actually work for her to like you.  She gives everyone one chance, but once you piss her off, you have to work to get her to give you a second chance."  

The Distress Call Giphy

Ian shook his head and turned to Rowan and noticed she had a big, ghostly like bear with her and he sighed, "You don't seem to really know about about this claire girl, so why does she think she's hot shit if she doesn't really even trust any of you?  I can tell she doesn't."  He moved closer to her and leaned against the counter, "I really don't think it's any of her concern why we were tracking Rion, but I'll tell you.  We know that he's saved others like us.  We know that he brought people into this world to free them from being so normal...or, to help them find a new home.  We wanted that chance." He clenched his jaw and closed his eyes, "Maybe we shouldn't have come here."

The Distress Call Tumblr_mdci1xtxdS1qlyey2
The Rolands
The Rolands

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarissa Meridian Earl Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Clarissa rolled her eyes, but nodded once Nikol finished her sisterly love rant. "I did try to ask nicely," she shrugged, taking a long drink from her glass this time. She smiled behind the drink, not in a mockery of Nikol's words, but admiring the loyalty she had for her younger siblings. Claire didn't have that growing up. Her parents became hermits, and she seldom went anywhere but home and school until she left to become a Hunter and find the Immortals.

The Distress Call Claire-Holt-claire-holt-35956376-500-225

Turning to Lip again, Claire simply frowned, deciding to ignore the problem of the group. She listened to Ian now, leaning her elbows on the counter, folding her hands together. "I will tell you, I'm here for almost the same reason. I joined the Hunters to find this place, and when the Immortals came back, I was here to greet them." She let her frown fade away now, speaking quieter. "I won't tell you that you shouldn't have come. Or that you won't be welcome here. I will tell you, though, that I don't trust anyone. With no trust, there are no feelings, no attachments."

The Distress Call The-vampire-diaries-tvd-quote-Favim.com-628922

She pushed herself back from the counter now, walking out of the kitchen. Rowan could take care of things with them. Claire just wasn't a people person, it seemed. Her parents had loved her, for the most part, but the revealing of supernaturals had only made them fear for her, instead of love her. She had been bluffing about the fire. Clarissa had an irrational fear of both fire and water, due to her parents. She sighed, making her way through one of the darker halls, and spoke one sentence quietly to herself, where she didn't think anyone could hear. "I want someone to love me.."

The Distress Call Tumblr_nszw07ujY01utdf6go1_500
Clarissa Meridian Earl
Clarissa Meridian Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Everything seemed to be happening at once, but that seemed typical in a facility such as this. There was some tension, then some anger but then Claire just seemed to leave. Rowan watched carefully as Claire, almost feeling as though she should comfort her...like she always had wanted to be...but it was too soon for that, she didn't even know the woman and she certainly wouldn't be hurt again. She had been hurt too many times befote, and it seemed to happen every tine she thouhht she was home or had a family. They would keave or all die, and she woukd start over, again. After all, Any of them could be gone just like that at any moment...this wasn't the time to feel compassion, this wasn't the time to feel anything. She understood how this woman felt...in more ways than Claire would ever understand, but just like she had put, no attachments. It meant weakness, it meant she would fall.

Looking towards the male who was speaking to her before, Rowan smirked faintly. "Sometimes it's about absolutely nothing about a person, and trusting them possibly with your life despite that. Despite the possibility of failure or pain." Biting the inside of her cheek, Rowan felt for the girl, but she still felt as though she had to have a guard up. Everyone probably felt as though they were alone in this, which made them all the more familiar. Her eyes gazed to the ground for several seconds before she hopped down from the counter, and turned to look to Ian.

"It was no mistake. I came for the same." Looking at the other two, Rowan bit her bottom lip before patting her leg, calling Chevalier to follow her lead. " I can take you to Rion...time is slowed right now...so there is time for him to speak." With each word Rowan only seemed more certain. Unlike most, this dynamic trio didn't scare her...they intrigued her. They were family to each other and had survived so long with one another... Beginning to walk towards the door, Rowan paused momentarily, looking back at them, the talk of monsters echoing in her head. "Just make sure this is what you want...some are.." Rowan paused for a moment as she wrapped one of her arms around her to reach her other arm. She then continued "well, monsters." Rowan gave a soft smile before turning back around.
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rolands Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Ian saw Clarissa leave and he closed his eyes and gave Rowan an apologetic look  before he could listen to anymore of what she had to say then chased after Claire without thinking, "It's ok." He said to get her to stop. He didn't know how to say what he was feeling, he didn't know how to tell her that everything would be okay because he wasn't sure himself if everything would be okay.  But because of that, he knew everything would be okay.  He had found them.  He had found the Immortals, and so had she, and because of that, it would be okay.  

He smiled softly and grabbed her hands then looked into her eyes, "It's ok.  We found them.  We found the Immortals.  We're home now.  We're home."  

The Distress Call 9b88f3957cb23d237ce624928449c070

Lip sighed, shaking his head as he watched his brother take off after the girl that Nikol had just freaked out on, "The kid is too soft.  He's too much like mom and not enough like dad.  He needs to learn to harden his emotions.  Theyre going to get him killed one day." He pushed off of the table he had been leaning on and followed Rowan, "I've never been afraid of monsters.  Lets get to it then." He smiled and walked to keep in step with her, "oh, and uh... how old are you exactly?"

The Distress Call Tumblr_n2wju3JqD71qlxnhco8_r3_250

Nikol didn't say anything now, she was upset, mad even.  Her family meant the world to her, and she would do whatever it took to make sure that they were protected.  She gave a nod to Rowan and followed after them, "Let's go meet the others then."

The Distress Call Tumblr_inline_mlmyjhotXS1qz4rgp
The Rolands
The Rolands

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarissa Meridian Earl Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Clarissa didn't understand why Ian had followed her. She knew he'd been upset already, so she was only trying to help him feel better by leaving. "You were right, though." She frowned at him, watching as his hands held hers. "No one trusts one another," Claire went on, pulling her hands from his and looking back up at Ian. "We're all screwed, especially the guys Rion is trying to save now."

The Distress Call Giphy

Leaning her head back against the wall, Clarissa let out a breath of air before facing him again. "Dammit, I'm sorry." She hastily wiped her face with her sleeve, then shook her head. "A lot had changed in the last 24 hours, hasn't it?" Claire asked the question mostly to herself, but it could apply to either of them. It hadn't really been 24 hours yet, either. It was quite a drastic change, she realized. Everyone she'd known for the past 3 years was dead now, thanks to Rion. But, she was helping the Immortals. What she'd wanted since she was kid. Ian was right, Clarissa decided. She began to laugh suddenly, "We are home, aren't we? We're all damaged beyond repair, and we made it to the Immortals."

The Distress Call Tumblr_n2c58lse251rx61nzo1_500

Claire knew she was acting oddly today. She had excuses for it, too. Everything was changing, for everyone. "Come on. Let's go introduce you all to Rion." Clarissa took Ian's hand this time, dragging him down the hall and towards the Arena, where Claire figured the others would still be. "And, thank you, for following me," She smiled.
Clarissa Meridian Earl
Clarissa Meridian Earl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Once again, Rowan had tried to be quiet when she should have kept her mouth shut. After all, it was always those individuals with just too many feelings who caught the attention of others. Something Rowan doubted she would every truly understand...The emotions...the feels... the vulnerability around another person. This time Rowan didn't speak immediately to the new figure, he went by Lip. He seemed to have the same thought processes as her, but this mostly just meant he was just as messed up as she was. The entire time she tried maintaining her silence, that was until he final question.

The Distress Call Large
Pausing mid-step Rowan looked at him, a look of confusion covering her face before she smiled and laughed. Was this some kind of joke? The world was at war, the Immortals were in crisis, and Rowan was getting ID'd? Rowan couldn't tell if this was because she had a young face or if this was truly a joke of some kind. Shaking her head, still a small smile on her face Rowan then continued walking. "Eighteen."

Rowan wasn't certain if the man actually had been serious or not, but either way it certainly left a smile on her face. The first smile she had in a long time...Actually, the first thing that had actually amused her so much in a long. "Didn't know this was a bar." Rowan smirked faintly as she reached in her pocket pulling out her locket. "We probably should actually hurry, we are all a bit on a time schedule.." Pushing past the doors of the arena, Rowan didn't look towards Claire nor Ian who had seemed to find their way here just fine as well. Instead she was focused to find Rion. With time slowed, they had burnt more time than she had expected.
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum